The following is a list of general, universal class etiquette points clients should be aware of before attending class:
1. Please refrain from wearing heavy scents or perfumes in the studio. For safety, it is not recommended clients wear lotion on their feet before taking class.
2. Please silence cell phones and refrain from using them during class. If it is an emergency, please use your phone outside the classroom.
3. For your safety, gum chewing is not allowed in class.
4. Talking should be kept to a minimum in class. Please save all outside discussions for after class.
5. For safety, please keep aisles clear in the classroom. Stow all props and equipment underneath your reformer during class. Personal belongings should either be kept in the lobby or stowed securely underneath a reformer.
6. Please wait until the class before you has finished cleaning up and has exited the room before you go into the classroom.
7. Please do not use the reformer until the instructor has entered the classroom and given instructions on how to set it up first.
8. Please stay in pace with the instructor’s cues and directed exercises. If you need to modify an exercise and are unsure how, ask the instructor for an appropriate modification.
Substituting an exercise with a different exercise is not the same as modifying it, so please use appropriate exercise modifications unless an instructor has given pre-approval for an exercise substitution.
9. If you are late to class, please join the class in the current exercise they are working on. The instructor may give you a warm-up exercise to do first, but if they do not, continue to do what the rest of the class is doing.
10. If you need to leave class early, please notify your instructor ahead of time.
11. Please try to uphold a positive, respectful, and supportive atmosphere. We are all here to bring out the best in you! Any complaints or grievances should be addressed privately with management or your instructor.